The St. Lawrence County Public Health Department will be administering COVID-19 vaccinations on Thursday, March 4th from 10:15am – 12:30pm at the Golden Dome in Ogdensburg for Individuals with a Developmental Disability, Comorbidity, or another Underlying Health Condition who meet criteria.
You must verify that you meet eligibility criteria by:
1. Showing a form of ID or equivalent for your date of birth and
2. Completing the NYS Vaccine Form
The following conditions qualify for the vaccine for the OPWDD and Comorbidity group:
• Cancer (current or in remission, including 9/11-related cancers)
• Chronic kidney disease
• Pulmonary Disease, including but not limited to, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), asthma (moderate-to-severe), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases
• Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities including Down Syndrome
• Heart conditions, including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, or hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes
• Severe Obesity (BMI 40 kg/m2), Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
• Sickle cell disease or Thalassemia
• Type 1 or 2 diabetes mellitus
• Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
• Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer's Disease or dementia
• Liver disease
Medication will not be accepted as a proof of eligibility. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact your health care provider.
There are two steps to complete the registration process for a vaccine:
1. Registration: https://www.stlawco.org/OPWDDComorbidityDome3.4
2. Attestation of eligibility: Please complete the eligibility form prior to your vaccination: NYS Vaccine Form
Please bring proof that both the registration and the eligibility have been completed either by printing or taking a screenshot on your phone.
Please also review these guidelines to ensure you are eligible on the day of your vaccine:
• If you are currently in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19, you are not eligible. You will need to schedule at a later date.
• You must be available for the second dose 4 weeks later on: April 1st.
• If there are no slots left when you go to register, please let the Public Health Department know by sending an email with your name and phone number to SLCCOVID19SharedMailbox@stlawco.org and you will be placed on standby.
• Please do not enter the vaccine clinic until 5 minutes before your appointment time to maintain COVID-19 safety and to prevent gathering.
Below is a screen shot of what your registration ticket will look like and confirmation of vaccine form submission. Please bring copies of them with you.