ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY. THERE ARE IMPORTANT CHANGES FROM
AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Parcels to Be Sold
1. The properties contained in this booklet are offered for sale to the highest bidder by the St. Lawrence County Treasurer. Some parcels listed in this book may be withdrawn from the sale prior to the date of the auction and, therefore, may not be available for sale at the auction.
Parcels Sold As Is
2. (a) There are absolutely no representations made by the County or any of the County personnel or action staff as to the quality of title, lot size, the existence of improvements or the condition of improvement, if any, with respect to any parcel to be auctioned. Buildings have not been inspected for the presence of lead paint or asbestos, or for their structural condition. All parcels are sold AS IS. Purchasers assume all risks associated with the parcels. The County will convey by quitclaim deed only. All bidders are urged to consult an attorney before submitting a bid herein.
(b) All real property, including any buildings thereon, is sold “as is” and without any representation or warranty whatsoever as to the condition of the property or title and subject to:
A. Any state of facts an accurate survey or personal inspection of the
premises would disclose;
B. Applicable zoning, land use, and building laws and regulations;
C. Federal and state taxes, liens and judgments of record;
D. Easements, covenants, conditions and rights-of-way of record existing at
the time of the levy of the tax, the non-payment of which resulted in the
foreclosure in which St. Lawrence County acquired title.
(c) All informational materials made available by the County such as tax maps, deeds, photos, auction listings, auction catalogs, etc., are for identification purposes only and is neither a guarantee nor a warranty as to a parcel’s location, dimensions, size or status as a permitted use.
3. On the day of the auction, all bidders are required to register, obtain a bidder number, and provide appropriate identification prior to the commencement of the auction. A designated County representative may refuse to accept a registration if, in that person’s sole discretion, the tendered identification is deemed insufficient.
If you intend to bid on behalf of someone else (including your spouse), please obtain the signed and notarized Tax Auction Bidder Agent’s Authorization Form (located in the auction book and on-line at www.co.st-lawrence.ny.us) from that person and give it to the County personnel at the bidder registration table at the time of registration. If you do not have the signed, notarized form, you will not be able to bid for them.
Delinquent Tax Payers
4. Any bidder who owns property in St. Lawrence County and, is delinquent in their taxes, shall be prohibited from bidding at the auction. The term delinquent is defined as prior year tax delinquency. No other person who may be acting as an agent of this bidder shall be allowed to bid at the auction.
How Deposit Is Paid
5. The highest bidder for a parcel must pay a deposit equal to 20% of the winning bid or $50.00, whichever is greater. Payment of the deposit must be made on the day of the auction. All deposits are to be made by cash, money order, bank check or personal check. If paying by personal check, a separate check must be submitted for each deposit.
Payment Of The Balance
6. The balance of the purchase price and the fees for recording the deed to the high bidder must be paid by cash or certified bank check by 5:00pm on October 13, 2017. Full payment of the balance of the purchase price and the recording fees must be received by the County by October 13, 2017, or the winning bid will be rejected and the deposit will be retained by the County as liquidated damages for failure to complete the purchase. Upon such failure to pay the balance of the purchase price and recording fees in full by October 13, 2017, the County may accept the second highest bid, or reject all bids and re-sell the parcel. All checks for the balance of the bid amount must be made payable to the St. Lawrence County Treasurer.
Payment Of Recording Fees Required
7. In addition to the bid price, the bidder must pay by a separate check, at the same time of the payment of the balance of the bid price, the following recording fees to pay for recording the deed:
A. $185 Recording fee for all residential parcels (Property Class 200’s) and
Agricultural parcels (Property Class 100’s)
B. $310 Recording fee for all other parcels (Property Class 300’s thru 900’s)
All checks for recording fees must be made payable to the St. Lawrence County Clerk.
Recording and Delivery Of Deed
8. The County Treasurer will record the deed after the balance of the bid due to the Treasurer and the recording fees are paid. Title shall pass upon recording of the deed. Delivery and acceptance of the deed occurs at that time. The original deed will be mailed to you by the Clerk’s office. Possession of the property by the successful bidder is strictly forbidden until such time as the deed is recorded.
9. The first tax owed by the purchaser will be the January 2018 Town and County tax bill.
10. Conveyance to the purchaser will be by quitclaim deed, containing a description of the property as it appeared on the tax roll for the year upon which the County acquired title.
11. No personal property is included in the sale of any of the parcels. The lawful disposition of any personal property located on any parcel purchased shall be the sole responsibility of the successful bidder following the recording of the deed.
Eviction of Occupants
12. Eviction of current occupants, if necessary, is solely the responsibility of the successful bidder after recording of the deed.
13. The purchaser may not assign the right to complete the sale to another person or entity. All deeds shall identify the grantee(s) as the successful bidder(s) as registered at the auction. No person who is not registered as a bidder may be placed on the deed as an owner.
Agreement To Terms And Power of Attorney
14. All persons registering as bidders at the auction will be required to execute an acknowledgement of and agreement to these terms of the auction and a non-collusion bidding certificate substantially in the following form:
By signing this document, I certify that I have received the terms and conditions of the auction and agree to be bound by them.
The undersigned bidder(s) certifies and agrees:
1) That the bidder is acting on the bidder’s own behalf and is not bidding on the property for the former owner(s) of the property against whom St. Lawrence County foreclosed or acting on the former owner(s) behalf as an agent or representative, and that after the sale, neither the former owner nor any subsidiary or affiliated entity of the former owner will have any legal or equitable interest in or control of the property or the rents or profits derived from the property.
2) That the bidder has no intent to defraud St. Lawrence County of the unpaid taxes, assessment, penalties & charges or any part thereof which has been levied against the property.
3) That neither the bidder nor the bidder’s assigns shall convey the property to the former owner(s) against who St. Lawrence County foreclosed within 24 months after auction date and, if such conveyance occurs, with the result that the former owners have evaded the obligation to pay real property taxes on the parcel, the purchaser understands that the purchaser may be found to have committed a fraudulent act.
4) That I hereby appoint Renee Cole, St. Lawrence County Treasurer, or her duly appointed Deputy, to sign, on my behalf, all deeds and other forms required to be filed and recorded in the office of the St. Lawrence County Clerk for any property I (or my agent) purchase at the auction.
Dated: September 09, 2017
Bidder: ________________________________ Bidder: _____________________________________
Bidder: ________________________________By ____________________________, authorized agent
State of New York )
County of St. Lawrence)ss.:
On the 9th day of September in the year 2017, before me the undersigned, a Notary Public in and for said State, personally appeared ____________________________personally known to me or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the individual whose name is subscribed to the within instrument and (s)he acknowledged to me that (s)he executed the same in his/her capacity, and that by his/her signature on the instrument, the individual, or the person upon behalf of which the individual acted, executed the instrument.
____________________________________ Notary Public