Randy Stoffel, Coordinator of Child Support Unit | St. Lawrence County Department of Social Services
Child Support Helpline: (888) 208-4485 Fax: (315) 379-2476
Brief Description of Services:
The Child Support Unit can assist people in the following areas (which can be taken across state lines):
- Locate absent parents
- Establish legal fatherhood for children
- Assist client in preparing and filing appropriate support petitions
- Obtain support orders from court
- Collect, monitor and disburse child support payments from the absent parent
- Enforce unpaid child support by administrative processes as well as by court action
These service are available to St. Lawrence County residents. Available to parent, relative or legal guardian of a dependent child, legal representative with power of attorney; agency or institution responsible for the child; non-legally responsible relatives when child has been abandoned or is in his or her custody and there is an absent responsible parent.
Applicants need to call for an appointment and a list of the many documents needed.