Project Referral Maps

When does a land use project need to be referred to the County Planning Board for review? Land use projects must be referred to the County when a parcel boundary is within 500’ of:

1) A county, village or town boundary

2) Existing or proposed county or state park or other recreation area

3) Existing or proposed county or state road or right of way

4) Existing or proposed right of way of any county stream or drainage channel

5) County or state owned land that contains a public facility; or

6) The boundary of a farm operation in an agricultural district.
Maps are listed by municipalities with land use regulations in place.  They depict a 500’ buffer around features that trigger a referral to the County Planning Board for review.  Larger, 34” x 44” posters of these maps are also available for a nominal fee.  Contact the Planning Office at 379-2292 if you are interested in ordering a larger map.



City of Ogdensburg


Town of Brasher

Town of Canton

Town of Clifton

Town of Colton

Town of DeKalb

Town of Edwards

Town of Fine

Town of Fowler

Town of Gouverneur

Town of Hammond

Town of Hopkinton

Town of Lawrence

Town of Lisbon

Town of Louisville

Town of Macomb

Town of Massena

Town of Morristown

Town of Norfolk

Town of Oswegatchie

Town of Parishville

Town of Pierrepont

Town of Pitcairn

Town of Potsdam

Town of Rossie

Town of Stockholm

Town of Waddington


Village of Canton

Village of Gouverneur

Village of Heuvelton

Village of Massena

Village of Norwood

Village of Potsdam

Village of Rensselaer Falls

| |
The Official Web Site for St. Lawrence County Government
County Courthouse, 48 Court Street • Canton, New York 13617 - 1169
Contact Us