St. Lawrence County Planning Office
EMC Work Program - 2010
Executive Committee Items:
Natural Resources Committee Items:
2. Monitor FERC License compliance for hydroelectric projects in St. Lawrence County.
3. Work with Board of Legislators and others to address waste disposal issues:
4. Invasive Species:
5. Participate in St. Lawrence River Advisory Committee,
6. Research and write draft local law regarding groundwater withdrawal issues.
7. Make recommendations to St. Lawrence County Board regarding use of ERF monies.
8. Finish and implement Climate Action Plan.
9. Update EMC website and add trails information.
10. Investigate noise and pollution limits for ATVs and snowmobiles.
Education Committee Items:
2. Plan/sponsor/participate in Earth Day event(s).
3. Schedule speakers for EMC meetings.
4. Sponsor/participate in the annual Envirothon (
5. Participate in the Indian Creek Nature Center Conservation Field Days.
6. Open Burning – Continue awareness campaign:
7. Re-convene Ad Hoc Wind Farm Model Ordinance Committee (Ad Hoc WiF MOC) to revise
8. Monitor county progress on environmentally-sensitive procurement process. Provide further
10. Support student research / Citizen Science projects.
11. Monitor issues of climate change.
12. Investigate proposal to eliminate plastic shopping bags.
13. Develop monthly messages for the Board of Legislators.