- 2020 BOL Resolution 132-2020 - Resolution regarding the siting of solar arrays on farmland & requiring the issuance of PILOTS.
- Ag Resource Directory (Updated 07/30/18) – Describes technical assistance and financial resources available to farm operations and agribusinesses in St. Lawrence County.
- Agricultural Landowner Guide – Includes comprehensive descriptions about tax benefits available to agricultural land owners in New York State.
- Internet Mapping Application – Online maps that depict parcel boundaries, satellite imagery, wetlands, zoning, prime soils, ag district boundaries, and real property land classifications.
- Agricultural Districts 1 & 2 – Farmland in these districts can be protected under Agriculture and Markets Law from unreasonable land use regulations and nuisance lawsuits.
- Right to Farm Local Law – St. Lawrence County’s Law which outlines a voluntary mediation process that can be used by the farming community to resolve disputes.
- Ag Development Plan – Adopted in December 2016, this plan assesses the County’s agricultural industry and trends; summarizes public input on issues for the County to address; and includes goals and actions prepared by a variety of organizations that serve the agricultural community.
Agriculture and Farmland Protection Board
|Robert Andrews, Chair||
SLC Soil & Water Conservation Board
|Patrick Ames||Director, SLC Cooperative Extension||Canton|
|Larry Denesha||County Legislator||DeKalb|
|David Fisher||At Large Member||Madrid|
|Bruce Green||Director, SLC Real Property Tax Service Office||Canton|
|Jon Greenwood||Dairy Farmer||Potsdam|
|Mary Kelly||Dairy Farmer||Rensselaer Falls|
|Stephen McKnight||Dairy Farmer||Chase Mils|
|Josef TeRiele||Dairy Farmer||Canton|
|Jason Pfotenhauer||Director, SLC Planning Office||Canton|
Our Main Partners
Need more information?
Contact: St. Lawrence County Planning Office
2nd Floor, Public Safety Complex
49 1/2 Court Street
Canton, NY 13617
Telephone: (315) 379-2292
E-mail the Planning Office