Nutrition Program - provides congregate dining and home-delivered meals to age 60+ residents and their spouses.
- Transportation - Office For The Aging Contracts with the Volunteer Transportation Center to provide transportation services to non-Medicaid older adults that do not have any other means of transportation. If you would like to apply for this service, please contact the Volunteer Transportation Center at 315-714-2034.
EISEP (Expanded In-Home Services For The Elderly) - provides personal care, housekeeping/chore services, and case management for the frail elderly whose income and resources are above the Medicaid standard. Services are on a cost share basis.
- NY CONNECTS - NY Connects provides information, assistance and referrals for anyone of any age seeking information on long term supports and services.
- Outreach - The New York Connects Program can provides in-home assessments, application assistance and referral assistance to older St. Lawrence County residents, and their families.
- Family Caregiver Support - Assistance for those caring for individual 60+ who has significant impairments of daily living. Counseling, training, information and assistance, support groups and respite care. Materials/videos are available to review or borrow from the new Caregiver's Resource Center location at the Office for the Aging.
- Legal Services - provides legal counsel and advice in civil matters, legal representation in court, and administrative hearings for the elderly residents having no other access to legal counsel.
- HIICAP (Health Insurance Information, Counseling, and Assistance Program) - Assistance for clients having problems understanding medical bills, Medicare, Managed Care, MSP, and other health insurance. Pre-retirement and Long Term Care insurance counseling available.
- Health Promotion Classes - Evidence-Based Health Promotion classes offered throughout the county at no cost to older adults to encourage health and fitness as one ages.
- EPIC - New York State's Senior prescription plan for those 65 and older. Almost 95,000 seniors already belong and are using their EPIC cards to save over half on the cost of their medicines.
- Eldercare Locator - a nationwide, directory assistance service designed to help older persons and caregivers locate local support resources for aging Americans.
- Computer Classes - The Office for the Aging partners with St. Lawrence University's Community Based Learning Program to offer free computer classes, smartphone and tablet classes.
Questions? Please call us at 315-386-4730, or e-mail the Office for the Aging.
NYSOFA Home Page